Real estate styling in Perth is continuing to gain traction as vendors begin to see the true value in staging a property. This interest has created a niche market that allows an environment for passionate professionals, such as Jes, to flourish.
Armed with a true love for interior design and décor, Jes has nine years’ experience as a visual merchandiser for a fast paced, global fashion brand. Consequently, her creative eye is second to none.
Having studied vigorously the fundamentals of design, Jes has a holistic understanding of all things interiors. Her customer centric mentality means Jes can identify and develop exceptional visual concepts to utilise any space with ease.
In her previous role as national field VM manager, Jes has been involved in over 40 retail store openings and refurbishments across Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. Responsible for upholding an incomparable brand experience, Jes’ talent lies in creating and implementing a cohesive customer journey. As a result, Jes is solutions focused and incredibly innovative with an unparalleled attention to detail – the perfect addition to the Perth Style Co. team!
I sat down with Jes and asked her to open up about her personal style...
1. How would you describe your style in three words? Scandinavian, Monochromatic & Eclectic
2. Do you have a favourite material to work with? Soft furnishings
3. What’s the first thing you think about when styling a room? Artwork
4. What are three qualities every room should have? Statement pieces, good lighting & fresh greenery
5. What colours do you love to work with? Cooler tones & greys
6. What do you love about being a stylist? Seeing the end result - it is just so satisfying!
7. “I’m most creative when...”? Inspired by a new challenge
8. What’s on your wish list right now? A concrete kitchen bench top
9. What is your favourite homewares brand? I have many favourites – Simple Form, Design Stuff and H&M Home… just to name a few!
10. What’s your interior MVP? Definitely an occasional chair
11. What is your trademark trend of the season? White walls & leather details
12. What is one no-fail styling trick you have? Art - it just completes every room!